• 1 (8 ounce) package pappardelle pasta, (or desired noodle shape)
• 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped in 1-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, diced
• 1 large fennel bulb, cored, diced, and fronds reserved for garnish
• 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
• 1/2 cup dry white wine4 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
• Kosher salt and black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 1/2 cup Fresh Gourmet Parmesan Cheese Crisps
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente. Remove pasta with a strainer or spider and keep water at a boil. Reserve at least ½ cup water. Set pasta aside.
In the same pot of boiling water, blanch asparagus until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to ice bath.
Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet. Cook onions and fennel until translucent, about 9 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add white wine, bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Reduce to low heat and add pasta, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and butter to fennel mixture, adding some reserved pasta water to create a glossy sauce. You may not need ½ cup. Cook until all components are full warmed through, about 2 minutes. Toss with lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Fresh Gourmet Parmesan Crisps and reserved fennel fronds. Serve immediately.