• 2-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
• 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
• 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 2 cups milk
• 2/3 cups grated parmesan cheese
•1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
• 1 package Fresh Gourmet® Salted Crispy Onions or Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions
• Preheat oven to 350 F.
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add green beans. Cook beans for 2–3 minutes, until bright green in color and tender crisp. Drain beans and pour into a large bowl of ice water to stop from cooking. Drain again and set aside.
• In a large skillet melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the mushrooms and stir. Cook, stirring regularly, until mushrooms are softened. Add chopped shallots and garlic, stirring to incorporate. Cook for another 2–3 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
• Push the mushroom mixture to one side of the skillet. Add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter to other side of the skillet. When the butter is melted, sprinkle flour over butter, whisking constantly. Let the butter mixture cook until slightly browned, about one minute. Slowly whisk in chicken stock until mixture is smooth. Then whisk in milk. With a spatula combine all contents of the skillet together, scraping the bottom and sides folding to incorporate. Turn heat up to medium-high and cook until thickened and bubbly, about 4 minutes, stirring periodically.
Remove mushroom mixture from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in green beans parmesan, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Onions. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until bubbly.
Serve warm and Enjoy!